Open Government Partnership – Australia
Third Inter-Departmental Committee meeting
On Friday 19 August, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet convened the third meeting of the Inter-Departmental Committee (IDC) on the Open Government Partnership.
The meeting provided members an update on Australia’s progress to join the Open Government Partnership, outlined the establishment of an Interim Working Group to co-draft Australia’s first National Action Plan, and asked agencies to provide views on the list of proposed commitments received through earlier consultations.
In attendance were:
- Attorney General’s Department
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Australian Public Service Commission
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Communications and the Arts
- Department of Defence
- Department of Education
- Department of Environment
- Department of Health
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Department of Infrastructure
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Digital Transformation Office
- National Archives of Australia
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Meeting minutes can be accessed and downloaded here: OGP IDC - 19 August 2016 - Minutes.
The next meeting of the IDC will be held on Friday 16 September.