The Australian Government is proud to present the second Open Government National Action Plan 2018-20. The Plan has been informed by an extensive five-stage consultation process involving both the Australian community and representatives from the Australian Government. Altogether, we received over 100 comments and submissions from the Australian community which have helped to shape and deliver the eight targeted commitments in this new Plan.
This second Open Government National Action Plan builds on the lessons and successes of our first Plan which will expire this year. It consists of a focussed set of commitments, which will together further open up government, and help realise all the values of the Open Government Partnership to enhance access to information, civic participation, public accountability, and technology and innovation for openness and accountability.
To find out more about the Plan and its eight commitments for enhancing transparency, accountability and public engagement, please see below. A downloadable, PDF copy of the Plan can also be found at the bottom of this page.
- Strengthen the national anti-corruption framework
- Enhance the transparency of political donations and funding
- Improve the sharing, use and reuse of public-sector data
- Improve public service practices using place-based approaches
- Enhance state and territory participation in the Open Government Partnership
- Enhance public engagement skills in the public service
- Engage Australians in the Independent Review of the Australian Public Service
- Expand open contracting and due diligence in procurement.
More information about the extensive consultation process that was undertaken to develop the Plan can be found here.